PRP Hair Growth Injection Therapy
As PRP (platelet rich plasma) can be used for collagen re-growth in the skin esthetically and in the joints for pain reduction, our naturopathic doctors at the Bay Wellness Centre in Vancouver can also use it to stimulate hair growth.
Platelet-rich plasma is a component of our blood that we can harvest by processing the blood in a centrifuge. The procedure is the same as when we perform PRP facial injection therapy – we draw the patient’s blood from their arm, separate the components using a centrifuge and use the platelet-rich plasma layer only. We then inject this solution into the scalp to stimulate hair growth.
Before performing the procedure, a naturopathic physician will have a consultation with you to determine if you’re a candidate for the treatment. Sometimes a blood test is necessary before determining if the treatment will work for you.
What to expect…
- A natural solution to hair regrowth for men and women
- Mild swelling, redness or bruising of the scalp may last up to 1 week
- The PRP is made from your own cells virtually eliminating the possibility of negative side effects
- Results begin to show 4 weeks after the treatment and continue to improve with time
- To achieve the best outcome, three treatment sessions are recommended spaced one month apart