Did you know inflammation in the gut, or compromised gut health can lead to a myriad of symptoms such as brain fog, joint pain, digestive symptoms (constipation, diarrhea, acid reflux), low energy, imbalanced hormones and much more? One of the easiest ways to reduce inflammation in the digestive tract, is by removing foods you are sensitive to. Over time we can become sensitive to foods due to over-consumption, GMO, processed foods (additives, dyes, preservatives), gut/small intestine bacteria overgrowth and compromised gut lining. Food Sensitivity testing is one of the simplest ways to determine food sensitivities, using a blood test that identifies IgG immune markers.
Once Food Sensitivities are determined, the Naturopaths at Bay Wellness will design a personalized protocol for you to follow to achieve a healthy Gastrointestinal Tract.
On exposure to foods, the immune system can react by releasing antibodies. The two antibodies that can be produced are IgE (Food allergies- immediate reactions, such as anaphylaxis, typically diagnosed early on in life) or IgG (delayed reaction). Food Sensitivities take hours to days to develop, which makes determining them difficult without the blood test.
Common Symptoms of Food Sensitivities:
- Digestive disorders: IBS, constipation, diarrhea, acid reflux, gas, bloat, distention, Crohn’s, nausea/vomiting, abdominal pain
- Mood/attention deficit disorder
- Weight gain (due to tissue inflammation)
- Systemic: fatigue, weak, puffy
- Skin: itching, redness, swelling, rashes
- Brain: mood, brain fog, behavioral problems
- Lungs: bronchitis, asthma
- Musculoskeletal: joint pain, muscle swelling and stiffness