PRP Facial Injection Therapy
PRP (platelet rich plasma) is a part of your blood that contains growth factors and proteins – all of the components necessary to stimulate collagen growth. As we age, unfortunately the rate at which we produce new collagen decreases, causing our skin and other tissues to appear older, decrease in elasticity and fall due to gravity. PRP facial injections are a natural way to stimulate the body’s natural ability to repair and build new collagen, so that we can slow the appearance of aging.
The procedure begins by drawing a small amount of blood from your arm. It is then processed in a centrifuge to separate the plasma from the red and white blood cells resulting in plasma concentrated with platelets, growth factors and proteins. This concentrated solution is then injected into the skin to stimulate the regeneration of soft tissues, build collagen, therefore reducing the look of fine lines, wrinkles and scars, and improving the quality of the skin.
This procedure is personalized to your specific aesthetic concerns. Injections can be done all over the face to improve the look of the skin, fine lines, wrinkles and scars but it can also be done on the neck, décolletage, and hands, etc.
What to expect…
- A natural solution to reducing fine lines, wrinkles, scars and improved skin quality
- Mild swelling lasting 1-2 days
- Bruising at the injection site is possible, lasting up to 10 days
- The PRP is made from your own cells virtually eliminating the possibility of adverse side effects related to infection or allergic reaction
- Results begin to show 3-4 weeks after the treatment and continue to improve with time
- To achieve the best outcome, three treatment sessions are recommended spaced one month apart, and then spaced 6 to 12 months apart for maintenance