Nutrient IV Therapy
Nutrient IV therapy is a treatment that can be used to correct nutritional deficiencies, and/ or when the digestive system or immune system is not working optimally. At Bay Wellness, we offer personalized nutrient IV therapy for your exact needs, which is determined during our consultations.
One of the great benefits of nutrient IV therapy is that we are bypassing the whole digestive tract, and getting the vitamins and minerals directly into the blood – this is very beneficial when there are chronic malabsorptive conditions occurring (such as Crohn’s, colitis, chronic diarrhea, etc.). When we eat food, take supplements or medications our body’s must break them down by chewing and swallowing, through the digestive acid of the stomach, and its churning, being passed into the small intestine, then through the liver for phase I and phase II detoxification, before it can be delivered to the blood. By delivering the vitamins and minerals directly to the blood, they are 100% bioavailable for the body to use.
One of the ways that we can help patient’s feel better quickly is by using nutrient IV therapy while we determine the cause of the maldigestion. This allows us to improve our patient’s quality of life and find and treat the root cause of their digestive concerns.
Nutrient IV therapy can be used in conjunction with other therapies and testing for many other conditions as well.
What to expect …
- An initial consultation with a naturopathic physician to determine your exact needs
- An initial consultation is required before administering a nutrient IV. This is in accordance with Health Canada.
- No patient, established or otherwise, is able to book a nutrient IV therapy appointment without the recommendation of their naturopathic doctor
- Once the nutrient IV is administered, the ‘drip time’ can vary from 30 mins to 90 mins
- Nutrient IV therapy is highly effective and very safe; side effects include minimal bruising or tenderness at the injection site
Typically patient’s feel increased energy and relaxation after nutrient IV therapy treatments. The frequency at which they are required is determined by your naturopathic physician and their treatment plan.